Triund Hike and Fly - Tandem Flight
Trip Type: Trekking & Paragliding
Region: Kangra Valley - Himachal
Max Altitude: 2850m
Batch Dates: Custom Trips only
Triund Hike and Fly - Tandem Flight Overview
The Triund trek is a super popular hike in Dharamshala. If you like to hike then this is one trek you should not ever miss the views are simple stunning. Now for the first time you can combine this experience with a Paragliding flight from there with one of our amazing pilots.
The trek for Triund starts form the Galu Devi temple above Dharamkot. Triund is popular trail form where you could do other treks as well like Indrahar pass or you can combine it with Minkiyani pass etc so there are various choices of treks that you can do.
From Triund you get mesmerising views of the entire Kangra valley and also the plains of Punjab and on a clear day you can see the Pong Dam reservoir from here. Also you get amazing views of the Dhauladhar range and see peaks like Moon peak and Arthur peak etc. in the East.
This trip is open for experienced pilots flying their own wing or for non flyers who would like to fly with our experienced tandem pilots.
This is a custom departure tour and so please write to us for prices and more info on this trek.
Triund Hike & Fly - Tandem Flight Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Dharamshala – Triund Top (8850m)
Duration: 1 - 2 Hour Drive and 6 hours trek
We will drive up to the Galu devi temple above Dharamkot. From here we will begin out hike up the mountain and get to Triund by late afternoon. Overnight we will stay at the mountain lodge in Triund or camp a little below Triund. On a clear day the sunsets from Triund are definitely out of this world.
Day 02: Triund - Dharamshala flight
Duration: 40 mins or lesser also depending on conditions.
We have a leisurely breakfast and enjoy the morning sunrise. We can spend some time soaking in the views. Then we hike down a little bit where our pilots will be waiting for us. After a quick briefing and getting ready for the flight we will take off. We take off from a little below Triund and the views we get form the air is simply breathtaking. We will choose our landing depending on the conditions of the day. Our vehicles transfer us to the hotel. Trip Ends!
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Sleeping bags (Holofill) and Carry mats.
- Nutritious, high-calorie vegetarian food will be served for the whole trek.
- Trekking guide, paragliding pilot, cook and camp helpers.
- Porters/ Horses to carry loads on the whole route.
- Participants are not expected to carry any loads other than a small daypack with a camera, some trail layers, and some trail food.
- Two people will be accommodated in one tent/ room depending on what is available.
- Transport your hotel to Galu Temple and after landing back to a point where you would like to get dropped off in Dharamshala/ Mcleod.
- All guest Insurance.
- All expenses of personal nature like drinks, tips, telephone calls, mineral water etc.
- Any hotel accommodation and food in Dharamshala/ McLeod before or after the trek.
- Backpack/ Small Duffel 20 - 250 Lts with rain cover.This you will need in case you choose to offload your larger pack onto a horse/porter
- Day Pack 15 - 20 lts - You will use this to carry your camera, water bottle, Trail layers, trail food etc.
-Trekking Shoes: Please do not wear sports shoes as on most treks as we go higher it gets harder to use the sports shoes. We recommend shoes with a good hard sole and also ankle support preferable water proof. While we do not subscribe to any particular brand you can try the Quechua forclaz 100, 500 or 600.
- 1 -2 pairs of cotton socks.
- 1 pairs of woollen socks ( these are ideal to sleep in and best to use when in camp. We do not recommend them while trekking).
- Pants: 1 pair extra (excluding the ones you wear) - Ideal are the quick dry light weight synthetic pants. Alternatively track pants are also comfortable to trek in. We do not recommend you get Denims or Jeans as they get hard to trek in.
- Tshirts 1 pair1 (excluding the ones you are wearing) - Preferable cotton t-shirts that are full sleeves. You can also choose to get T-shirts with collars, they offer extra protection for the neck from sun burns.
- Synthetic Fleece Jacket - 1 pair.
- Wind proof/ Water proof Jacket - 1 pair.
- Down filled / Hollow fiber fill insulated Jacket - 1 -pair ( optional - get this if you want to stay extra warm at camps.)
- Thermal liners - 1 pair upper and lower (optional).
- Raincoat/ Poncho - what ever you get make sure it is something that will cover your daypack and camera too.
- Warm Beanie - make sure it is something that covers your ears. You can also use buffs, scarfs etc in addition to your beanie.
- Gloves - Lightweight synthetic gloves made of Fleece or you can also use woollen gloves.
- Sun Cap- 1 no
- Sun Glasses with good UV protection.
Other necessary things that we recommend you get:
- Toiletries - Sunscreen SPF 40+, Moisturizer, Lip balm, Soap, Toilet paper.
- Repair Kit (needle and thread).
- Headlamp/ Torch.
- Water Bottle- Ideally keep two bottle 1 litre each.
- Trekking Pole - Optional.
- Plastic Packing covers. (Please pack all your gear in waterproof plastic bags so that your clothes etc do not get wet while on horses or porters. Also carry extra plastic bags in case you need to pack wet clothes.)