Yunam Peak Expedition (6080m)
Trip Type: Mountaineering
Region: Lahual Valley - Himachal
Duration: 08 days
Max Altitude: 6080m
Batch Dates: 10th Sep - 17th Sep, 2022
Yunam Peak Expedition (6080m) Overview
Yunam peak was discovered by our lead climbing Guide Bhagwan Singh in 2002 while on a different trip in the area. We knew Yunam peak had all the ingredients to becoming the next most popular trekking peak in India. Today Yunam peak is on its way to becoming the next Stok Kangri or Kanamo Peak for Indian trekking and Climbing enthusiast. Yunam Peak can be graded AD or PD on the Alpine grading scale depending on conditions on the mountain with weather and snow. Yunam peak makes for a great beginner objective for climbers and trekker wanting to get up high.
I don't think anyone in the past was interested in the Yunam Peak because of more popular options such as Stok Kangri in Ladakh and Kanamo Peak in Spiti but currently with both these options unavailable a lot of attention of has moved to Yunam peak.
Also with connectivity improving between Manali and Lahaul via the Atal tunnel this area is going to see a lot of Climbing, Ski Touring in the future years and is going to be a perfect place of high altitude adventures with easy access.
Dates and Cost
Fixed Departure in 2021.
10th Sep - 17th Sep
Trip cost: Rs 75,000 + 5% GST
If you are a foreigner please write to us for pricing as we will need to get IMF permits and pay a different peak fee.
Feel free to write to us with any questions you might have
Yunam Peak Expedition (6080m) Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Manali
Arrive in Manali in the morning. Walk around town and orient yourself to your surroundings. The group meets for a trip orientation in the evening by the trip leader at the hotel. Overnight in a hotel - meals and stay not included in the trip cost.
Day 02: Drive Manali to Jispa(3200m).
Duration: 4-5 hours
We leave for Jispa in the morning. Once we get to Jispa we will do a small acclimatisation walk.
Day 04: Jispa - Bharatpur BC (4500m)
Duration: 3 -4 hours
We start our drive from Jispa in the morning and will drive to Bharatpur. Once we reach Bharatpur we will establish our Yunam peak base camp a little ahead of the road.
Day 05: Bhartpur BC - ABC (5300m)
Duration: 6-7 hours
The day starts with a moderate ascent through some moraine. Slowly the terrain begins to climb up and is a gradual climb until we reach the the Yunam peak advance base camp.
Day 06: Yunam Peak ABC to Sumit and back to BC
Duration: 8-10 hours
Today is our summit day. Our day will begin early and we will try to reach the peak and then descend directly to the BC by evening.
Day 07: Bharatpur to Manali
Duration: 4-5 hours
Make our way back to the road head where our vehicles pick us up. Drive to Manali. Trip Ends!
Day 8: Buffer Day. This a day incase we get delayed due to any reason.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents.
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tents, Western Style Toilet Tents.
- Sleeping Bags, Insulated sleeping pads.
- Personal Mountaineering Equipment whatever needed.
- All meals as detailed in the itinerary and safe drinking water.
- Cook and camp staff.
- Climbing guide for the duration of the trip.
- All HP state Forest Permits,
- IMF Peak fee/State government royalty/permits where applicable
- All technical climbing gear.
- All transport from Manali to road head and back.
- All Staff Insurance.
- Stay and food at hotels in Manali.
- All expenses of personal nature like bottled water, drinks, tips, telephone calls, mineral water etc.
- Any Personal Clothing.
- Any Personal Porterage service. You will be expected to carry your own packs with sleeping bag, personal clothing and some food on the day we shift form ABC and summit day.
Any other transport than whats mentioned in Cost includes.
- Any expense incurred due to force majeure such as landslide, bad weather or reasons beyond our control.
- Any Guest Insurance.
- Sturdy backpack/rucksack (70 lt)- This will go on horses until Base Camp
- Backpack small ( 20 - 30 Ltrs) - to carry every day
- Warm hiking pants and shirts/T-shirts/sweatshirt.
- T-shirt wicking Layer.
- Good hiking shoes.
- Head light with extra batteries.
- Sunscreen (SPF 50+) and toiletries.
- Thermal underwear / long johns (upper + lowers)
- Insulated water bottle/ flask.
- Warm fleece jacket.
- Rain Gear
- Down jacket.
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks
- Headgear (balaclavas/woollen cap, sun hat, bandana etc.)
- Personal recreation: camera, books, music, cards etc
- Hiking poles
- Prescribed medication if any