Brighu Lake Trek
Trip Type: Trekking Holiday India
Region: Manali - Himachal
Duration: 04 days
Max Altitude: 4250m
Batch Dates: Every Day Departures
Brighu Lake Trek Overview
Trek to the Lake of the Gods. Brighu Lake trek is close enough to habitation, yet in a secluded, lush green dale, the Bhirgu Lake is at an altitude of 4235 metres. It lies east of the Rohtang Pass. The shores of this clear water lake are visited regularly by the people of the area and are held sacred to 'sage' Brighu.
Bhrigu Lake trek, is a perfect introduction to the Western Himalayas. Bhrigu Lake Trek in Manali is one of the most captivating short treks in the Indian Himalayas. This trek has all the right ingredients to make your Manali Adventure perfect beautiful alpine meadows, tons of small mountain streams along our camps, and at the end of it all you are greeted by the mesmerising Brighu lake in all its glory. The Brighu lake is known to change its colours with each passing season. In late spring, it generally is emerald green and in Late summers it turns to a shade of deep blue. It truly is a fascinating sight for the eyes to behold.
This 4-day Bhrigu Lake trek takes you through unparalleled breathtaking views of Seven Sister Peaks, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Hanuman Tibba, the outstretched Pir Panjal ranges which will soothe your senses and make you content with unbounded natural beauty.
We have everyday Departures for this trek from May to October.
Incase you have any questions feel free to email us.
Brighu Lake Trek Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: The guests arrive in Manali.
Arrive in Manali in the morning and take in the town. The snow capped mountains around you, the river gushing past and apple orchards and forests all around you. Once you have settled into your hotel one of our guides will meet you and we will do a day walk for acclimatisation, pick up a random shepherd trail and get your body in mountain mode. In the evening one of our representatives will meet you and brief you the plan for the next 3 days.
Day 02: Manali – Gulaba by Taxi and Trek to Ravlikohli(3750m)
Duration: 4 hours
We will pick you up from your Hotel in the morning. We will drive up towards Gulaba on the Rohtang Road. On the first day of the trek, the trail ascends gradually and will take you above the treeline with fabulous views of the entire Manali valley and peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Makarbeh, Shikharbeh among others.
Day 03: Ravalikoli – Bhrigu Lake (4235m) – Theli (3500m)
Duration: 7 hours
The trail initially gradually ascends before a short steep climb to the lake. Early in the season, the path also has snow patches. Take time off at the lake to soak in the 360 degree view. Local customs do not allow for camps to set up at the lake, so you will descend down to the camp at Tehli, a gaddi campsite which is almost at treeline.
Day 04: Theli – Vashisht (2600m)
Duration: 4 hours
The last day of the trek is a steep descent through pine, deodar and chestnut forests into the village of Vashisht. Famous for its hot water springs, it is the perfect place to end the trek with a long relaxing bath. Head back to Manali by the evening where the trek ends.
- Accommodation in spacious 4 men A frame tents on twin sharing basis in trek.
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tent, Toilet Tents with a Western Style seat.
- Sleeping bags (Down Feather/ Primaloft).
- Insulated sleeping pads.
- Nutritious high calorie vegetarian meals will be served on the trek starting with Pack lunch on Day 02 to Breakfast on Day 04 and safe drinking water. The food served will be a mix of Indian, Chinese, Italian and Continental Cuisine.
- Guides, Cook and camp staff.
- Pack animals (Horses/Mules) to carry loads on the route with personal portage up to 10kg/person
- All HP state Forest Permits
- All transport Manali to Gulaba and Vashisht to Manali.
- Any hotel stay in Manali.
- Any food in hotels.
- All expenses of personal nature like bottled water, drinks, tips, telephone calls, mineral water etc.
- Personal clothing
- Medical and evacuation expenses, we strongly recommend purchasing a suitable insurance cover. You can choose to buy this on your checkout page Insurance can be bought from us as an extra.
- Any transport outside of mentioned inclusions.
- Any expense incurred due to force majeure such as landslide, bad weather or reasons beyond our control.
- Backpack 40 - 50 Lt with rain cover - Goes on the horse/porter
- Day Pack 15 - 20 lt with rain cover- to carry your camera, water bottle, trail layers, trail food etc.
-Trekking Shoes: Please do not wear sports shoes as on most treks, as we go higher it gets harder to use sports shoes.
- 2 -3 pairs of trekking socks.
- 2 pairs of woolen socks - ideal to sleep in and best to use when in camp. We do not recommend them while trekking
- Pants: 3 pairs (including the ones you wear) - Ideal are the quick dry trekking pants. Alternatively, track pants are also comfortable to trek in.
- T-shirts 3 pairs (including the ones you are wearing) - Preferably quick dry, full sleeve t-shirts You can also choose to get T-shirts with collars, they offer extra protection for the neck from sunburns.
- Fleece Jacket
- Rain & Wind Protection
- Down filled / Hollow fiber fill insulated Jacket
- Thermal liners - 1 pair upper and lower (optional).
- Warm Cap
- Sun Cap
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
Other recommended necessities:
- Toiletries - sunscreen SPF 40+, moisturiser, lip balm, soap, toilet paper.
- Repair Kit (needle and thread).
- Headlamp/ Torch.
- Water Bottle- Ideally keep two bottles 1 liter each.
- Trekking Pole - Optional.
- Plastic Packing covers. (Please pack all your gear in waterproof plastic bags so that your clothes etc do not get wet while on horses or porters. Also, carry extra plastic bags in case you need to pack wet clothes.)