Omasi La Pass Trek
Trip Type: Trekking Holiday India
Region: Himachal - Kishtwar - Zanskar
Grade: Very Challenging
Duration: 12 days
Max Altitude: 5390m
Batch Dates: Custom Trips Only
Omasila Pass Trek Overview
The Omasi La (5390m) trek is a lesser known trek in the Indian Himalayas. The trek begins from the village of Gulabgarh on the J&K - Himachal Border. The areas has been closed for many years after the insurgency began in Kashmir and it was only recently 2009 when we restarted exploring the area with some of our climbing trips to Kishtwar Shivling. The trek takes you into the lesser known Sumchan valley. We cross through the Sapphire and Emerald mines of King Zorawar Singh and eventually after crossing the pass end the trek at the village of Abring in the Zanskar Valley. All through the trek you will get amazing views of peaks like Kishtwar Shivling, Hagshu, Barnaj, Chiring, Nun, Kun etc...
This is a custom departure tour and so please write to us for prices and more info on this trek.
Omasila Pass Trek Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: The participants arrive in Manali.
Day 02: Manali - Udaipur jeep/ Tempo
Duration: 7 hours
Today we start early and drive across Rohtang to the Town of Udaipur. We will stay overnight at Udaipur.
Day 03: Udaipur - Gulabgarh (3505m)
Duration: 9 hours
Another long driving day. We will drive past the towns of Pangi and Killar to cross the Himachal Border and reach the town of Gulabgarh which is close to the Kashmir - Himachal Border.
Day 04: Trek Gulabgarh (2000m) to Chishoti (2400m)
Duration: 5 to 6 hours
We set out from the town of Gulabgarh early and is a gradual long climb though some magnificent views all the way to the village of Chishoti.
Day 05: Chishoti to Machail (2700m)
Duration: 5 to 6 hours
Day 06: Machail to Sumcham Camp (3200m)
Duration: 5-6 hours
Day 07: Sumcham Camp to Bhujwas Camp (3900m)
Duration: 6-7 hours
Day 08: Bhujwas Camp to Kachibansa Camp (4500m)
Duration: 7-8 hours
Day 09: Kachibansa Camp to Rhua Camp (5000m)
Duration: 8-9 hours
Day 10: Rhua Camp over Omasila Pass (5390m) to Nabbar (4500m)
Duration: 9-10 hours
Day 11: Nabbar to Akshow (3800m).
Duration: 8-9 hours
Day 12: Drive to Kargil and onwards to Leh/ Srinagar.
Duration: 10-11 hours
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents.
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tents, Western Style Toilet Tents.
- Sleeping bags (Down Feather/ Primaloft).
- Insulated sleeping pads.
- All meals as detailed in the itinerary and safe drinking water.
- Guides, Cook and camp staff.
- Porters to carry loads on the route with personal portage up to 10kg/person
- All HP/ J&K state Forest Permits as applicable
- All transport Manali to Gulabgarh and Akshow to Leh.
- All hotel stays in Manali and Leh
- Any food in hotels.
- All expenses of personal nature like bottled water, drinks, tips, telephone calls, mineral water etc.
- Personal Clothing.
- Medical and evacuation expenses, we strongly recommend purchasing a suitable insurance cover - asc360 provides adventure insurance in the Indian Himalayas.
- Any transport outside of mentioned inclusions.
- Any expense incurred due to force majeure such as landslide, bad weather or reasons beyond our control.
- Backpack 40 - 50 Lt with rain cover - Goes on the horse/porter
- Day Pack 15 - 20 lt with rain cover- to carry your camera, water bottle, trail layers, trail food etc.
-Trekking Shoes: Please do not wear sports shoes as on most treks, as we go higher it gets harder to use sports shoes.
- 2 -3 pairs of trekking socks.
- 2 pairs of woolen socks - ideal to sleep in and best to use when in camp. We do not recommend them while trekking
- Pants: 3 pairs (including the ones you wear) - Ideal are the quick dry trekking pants. Alternatively, track pants are also comfortable to trek in.
- T-shirts 3 pairs (including the ones you are wearing) - Preferably quick dry, full sleeve t-shirts You can also choose to get T-shirts with collars, they offer extra protection for the neck from sunburns.
- Fleece Jacket
- Rain & Wind Protection
- Down filled / Hollow fiber fill insulated Jacket
- Thermal liners - 1 pair upper and lower (optional).
- Warm Cap
- Sun Cap
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
Other recommended necessities:
- Toiletries - sunscreen SPF 40+, moisturiser, lip balm, soap, toilet paper.
- Repair Kit (needle and thread).
- Headlamp/ Torch.
- Water Bottle- Ideally keep two bottles 1 liter each.
- Trekking Pole - Optional.
- Plastic Packing covers. (Please pack all your gear in waterproof plastic bags so that your clothes etc do not get wet while on horses or porters. Also, carry extra plastic bags in case you need to pack wet clothes.)